Tue, 16 December 2014
- Forming a "Vision" of the Mix
- UBK's Favorite Frequencies
- Getting Electronic Drums to Leap Out
- Best time of day to Mix
- Technically Better vs. Creatively Weaker
- Reznor-esque Drones & Soundscapes
- How Passive EQ's really work
and a LOT more!!!
Mon, 24 November 2014
- FOUR Question of the Week Winners!
- Getting Multi-Tracks to Sound Like 'A Band in the Room'
- Staying Nourished During Marathon Sessions
- Making Friends with Bass
- Business & TAXES
- "Irrational Headphone Mixes"!
plus Uncensored Bloopers and much, much more!
Tue, 9 September 2014
- Analog Summing: Does It Make a Difference?
Mon, 18 August 2014
- Elevating a mix from 'balanced' to 'GROOVIN'
- Getting a fresh perspective on your mix
- Making a mix 'smooth' rather than 'dirty'
- Plugins that emulate a/d converter clipping
- Getting more analog into digital sounds
- Surround Sound: does the industry care?
- Is it better to sound 'New' than to sound 'Good'?
- How far is too far when polishing a mix?
- Learning to hear more subtlety & nuance
And bonus blooper reel!
Mon, 11 August 2014
- Multi-band Compression: yes or no?
Tue, 10 June 2014
The Season 1 Finale of UBK Happy Funtime Hour is up! Over one hour long, for your listening pleasure!
- Mix Analysis: Arctic Monkeys!
- Using Compressors to Alter Note Lengths & Timing
- How Bright is Bright Enough?
- Knowing what the Next Step is
- What's included in your Mix Rate?
- How to Choose your Clients
- OTB Workflow Problems: Solved
Mon, 2 June 2014
- Question of the Week Kush T-Shirt Winner
- More on Configuring Subwoofers
- Time Align: Stretching vs. Manual Editing
- Knowing How Much to Charge Clients
- Widening a Mono Source without Damaging It
- Recharging & Refreshing Your Brain
- Running an Engaging Session as an Introvert
- Where & How to Get Inspiration
Mon, 26 May 2014
- Question of the Week Giveaway Prize Awarded!
- Plugin Marketing Claims vs. Plugin Truth
- Grump of the Week!
- Big Snares in Dense Mixes
- What Doesn't Go in the Drum Comp
- Beware of Too Much Isolation
- UBK Saturates Everything!
- Self-Doubt... WTF?- Subwoofer Faux Pas
Mon, 19 May 2014
- Why does Saturation add 'Depth'
Wed, 7 May 2014
- UBK's patented "Complimentary EQ" technique
- 70's delay techniques & studio monitors
- Exactly how 'quiet' is 'quiet monitoring'?
- Better Mic Placement on Vocalists
- Whining Old Guys
- Managing Multiple Deadlines
- Happy Funtime's Analog Vocal Chain
- Singing with Feeling