Mon, 4 May 2015
- DIY Marketing of DIY Music
- Dealing with Bugs & Crashes
- The Car Test: Truth, or Lies?
- Spirituality and Physics
- What Exactly Is "The Source"?
- Live Tracking a Band in the Studio
- Dealing with Odd Vocal Timbres
…and Much, Much more
Wed, 15 April 2015
- What Exactly is Mixing Anyway?
- Getting Past Your Own Crap
- Part 2 of Natural Reverb & Mic Placement
- Analog Processing Gotcha's
- How Many Tracks is 'Too Many'?
- Checking Your Ego at the Door
…and much, much more!
Thu, 26 March 2015
- A Step-by-Step Definition of Mixing?
- Mixing Sub Bass in Sub-Optimal Rooms
- Helping Clients Become Better Arrangers
- When Your Gear Equals a Famous Studio B
- Gear: Power it Down, or Leave it On?
- Stacking Delays
- What Kind of Desk for your Computer?
...and much, much more!
Wed, 11 March 2015
- Room Treatment vs. Room Correction Software
- How You'll Be Judged as an Engineer
- Rebranding Nathan Schreier
- The Sound of Jazz in a 100ft tall Church
- Switching gears from Mixing to Mastering
- Enduring the Brutal Southern California Winters
...and much, MUCH more!
Wed, 4 March 2015
- Learning When Less is More
- Getting New Clients and Earning Their Loyalty
- How to Please Unpleaseable People
- Stop Obsessively Re-Doing Your Songs
- Troubles Compressing the Overheads
- Sweetening an Already Mastered Track
- Knowing What Frequencies Need Adjusting
Thu, 19 February 2015
- Which Mix Compressor for Glue?
- Suggestions for minimal mic setups on drums
- Converters: how hard to to hit 'em
- Getting to Automation Earlier in the Mix Process
- Overrated Gear: Why Are People Buying It?
- How many stages of Saturation & Compression?
And much, MUCH more!
Mon, 19 January 2015
- Dealing with Musicians who Overplay
- Taking Gear Out of the Rack... and Into Your Bed
- Neve vs. ART Preamps
- How to Raise Your Rates, and by How Much
- Investing in a Room You Won't Be in Forever
- When Mixing Becomes a Battle
and much, much more!
Mon, 12 January 2015
- Getting Stereo Depth from Mono Sources
- Tracking Vocals with Compression
- Getting Space in Modern Metal
- Proximity Effect: Friend or Foe?
- Killer Results with Random Mic Placement
- Crosstalk: When Does it Matter?
- Clariphonic YES, Bassophonic NO...?
- Samples vs the Real Deal
- Expensive Mics: Worth It?
...and much more!
Tue, 16 December 2014
- Forming a "Vision" of the Mix
- UBK's Favorite Frequencies
- Getting Electronic Drums to Leap Out
- Best time of day to Mix
- Technically Better vs. Creatively Weaker
- Reznor-esque Drones & Soundscapes
- How Passive EQ's really work
and a LOT more!!!
Mon, 24 November 2014
- FOUR Question of the Week Winners!
- Getting Multi-Tracks to Sound Like 'A Band in the Room'
- Staying Nourished During Marathon Sessions
- Making Friends with Bass
- Business & TAXES
- "Irrational Headphone Mixes"!
plus Uncensored Bloopers and much, much more!